For a sweet and berry delicious treat at home try making the Very Berry Whip for your family any time of the day. This treat would be great in the morning as a special breakfast!
Very Berry Whip
- 1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ c non-fat milk
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Put all ingredients in the blender.Scoop into small dishes and serve immediately.
If you are looking for a healthy substitute to candy or cookies. Try making one of these alternatives:
- 1 quart of strawberries, washed and sliced
- Place strawberries on lined baking sheet (silpat or parchment paper).
- Bake for 3 hours at 210 degrees F, tossing periodically.
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Balls
Yields approximately 36
- 1 cup honey (substitute maple syrup for under 1 year of age)
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter (or nut alternative)
- 1 ½ c dry powdered milk
- 3 cups quick or old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients except chocolate chips together with an electric mixer.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form into balls with hands (approximately 1 inch diameter)
- Freeze on baking sheets lined with waxed paper until firm.
- Remove from freezer and store in a large zip lock bag in the refrigerator.