A Meaningful Experience
At the heart of the HighScope philosophy for early childhood education is the concept of “learning by doing,” and there’s no better example than our Junior Counselor Program. This is a unique opportunity for your 10- to 12-year-old to learn leadership, team building, and social skills.
As a Junior Counselor at The Children’s Courtyard, your child will participate in:
- Community involvement and volunteerism
- Planning and implementing younger school-age group activities
- Mentoring early readers
- Creating calendars and newsletters for school-age programs
- Slumber parties and overnight outings
- Adopting an assisted living center
There are even area-wide events, special activities, and field trips just for those in the program. These are meaningful experiences that really matter.